Cancun: sun, sand and sea (CUN)
There are quite a few tourist hotspots in Mexico but Cancun leaves most of them far behind. This city is on the Caribbean Sea in the south eastern part of Mexico. The city did not exist half a century ago and Mexican government has built and promoted the city as a holiday resort. They built the hotel zone where you will find huge hotels adjacent to each other, next to the beach. The international airport here welcomes millions of visitors each year and their numbers are expected to keep growing. So, if you want to fly to Cancun, do not hesitate and book tickets now.
What you can do in Cancun?
- If you are interested in scuba diving, surfing, aerial rope slide/ zip lining or kayaking, this is the right resort for you.
- You can travel out of the city to check out the real history of Mayans. There are ancient temples, ruins and archaeological sites.
- You must not forget to check out the rivers that flow beneath the earth surface and you can drive though caves in illuminated, custom designed vehicles.
- For those interested in sports the city has its own football club and a baseball team.
- Apart from the clean air and fresh water, there are plenty of dishes and drinks from the Mexican cuisine to explore.
A resort of international standards
Though the temperatures don't fluctuate much through the year, there are prominently two seasons - rainy and dry. Naturally most people will prefer the drier season to explore the tourist destination which means that most people come here in the months of December to April. The city receives visitors not just from the Americas but from Europe too. The language of communication here is Spanish, but with so many tourists from English speaking countries, you will always have help at hand. Cancun has everything for those who want to get away from the everyday mundane life and experience something that will re-energize them. If you are interested in round trips to Cancun we will definitely be able to find the right flights for you.